Your first stop when you need to replace your windows may be the hardware store to see what’s in stock. While that is an option, it’s not what most home improvement professionals recommend. Instead, you should go with custom windows designed just for your home.
Keep reading to learn why custom windows should be an option:
- The perfect fit: Because they’re measured and manufactured to your home’s specifications, you can trust that your custom windows will fit perfectly in your home’s exterior walls. This is a big deal because gaps between the window frames and walls lead to a drop in energy efficiency and drafty rooms.
- Better energy efficiency: Speaking of energy efficiency, custom windows can save you a fortune throughout their lifespan. Along with offering a perfect fit, most custom windows are either double or triple paned, further adding to your energy savings. They may even be able to pay for themselves over time.
- Unique look: Custom windows give your home a brand-new look and can really set your house apart from others on the block. At Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors, we work alongside customers to craft windows from scratch based on each homeowner’s wishes. There’s nothing we can’t do.
- Higher home value: All of the points above combine to give your home a higher resale value. If you’re thinking about selling your home anytime soon, we recommend looking into upgrading your windows to help your home sell faster and fetch a higher asking price.
What to consider when choosing custom windows
Going with custom windows should be a no-brainer decision, but you’ve got to choose the perfect custom windows for your home. Here are a few ways to ensure you get the right windows for your home and your budget:
- Number of windows to replace: The first thing when it comes to what to consider when choosing custom windows is how many windows to replace. You can start by replacing a few drafty windows, or you can go all out and replace the windows throughout your house. Getting more new windows can save you more money, but it’s also a higher initial investment.
- Style: Now that you know how many windows you want, it’s time to select a style. There’s nothing wrong with going with something traditional like double-hung windows, but we recommend talking to our team about designing windows unique to your home.
- Material: Common window materials include aluminum, wood, fiberglass and vinyl. Each material has its own benefits and price point, so you’ll need to do your research to see which is right for you and your wallet.
- Glass type: Next you’ll need to choose the type of glass you want. Going with a double- or triple-paned window filled with an inert gas between the panes can save you tons of money on your energy bills, but they are a bit more expensive.
Talk to Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors
For the best service and the fairest rates on your new windows, look no further than Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors. Give our team a call today to learn more about why custom windows should be an option or to get an estimate for our services.
Categorised in: Windows