Kansas is known for its occasionally dramatic weather—just ask anyone who’s ever seen The Wizard of Oz. While not every storm turns into a tornado, we certainly get our share of rain, wind and hail on a regular basis. Why not protect your existing windows with storm windows? Not only will they help protect your windows from the weather, but they offer a lot of additional useful features. Here’s why you should consider investing in storm windows for your home:
- Protect your existing windows: Windows are expensive. Whether you’ve just installed brand-new windows or you aren’t quite ready to hang new ones, storm windows are designed to protect your existing windows. While regular windows are designed to withstand plenty of wear and tear, storm windows add a whole new layer of protection. You’re far less likely to see chips, scratches or breakage when you install storm windows.
- Cut down on your energy bills: Summer is here, and your air conditioning bills are probably going way up. If your windows aren’t well insulated, you might be leaking money and cold air. Adding storm windows can improve your insulation. The air pocket between the old windows and the storm windows will create another layer of insulation, preventing heat transfer. That means your house will stay cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter and cost less to maintain.
- Increase your home value: Even if you’re not planning on selling your home anytime soon—or ever—increasing your home value reflects well on your financial situation as well as the neighborhood value. Plus, if your old windows are looking less than stellar, storm windows can enhance your home’s curb appeal.
- Insulate your home from noise: In addition to insulating your home from the weather, storm windows will also help cut down on noise. When you live in a busy neighborhood (or just don’t want to listen to the neighborhood kids and pets playing outside all summer long), reducing the external noise can go a long way toward improving your peace and quiet.
- Filter out UV light: The light coming in through your windows can fade your upholstery, drapery and carpeting. When you install storm windows, you’ll enjoy all the benefits of the sunshine without the fading and weathering. Modern storm windows are designed to filter out UV rays, which cause your belongings to look old before their time.
- Easy to maintain: Finally, storm windows are easy to maintain. All you have to do is keep an eye on them for any significant wear and tear, and clean the vent holes on your interior windows. This ensures that condensation doesn’t build up between the windows.
As you can see, there are many benefits to storm windows—from improving your curb appeal and increasing your home’s value to protecting your interior windows and providing insulation, they’re a great investment.
To see our selection of high-quality storm windows, stop by the showroom at Wes-Kan Siding, Windows & Doors today. We look forward to showing you all the great options that are out there!
Categorised in: Storm Windows