Looking for a way to give your home some extra character and charm this winter? The simplest way to boost your home’s curb appeal is by replacing your entry door. A new door instantly makes your front entry look more appealing, and it gives your home an eye-catching focal point.
If you’re a homeowner in Dodge City, KS and you’re planning to replace your entry door, read on to discover what type of door holds up the best in the winter months.
What should I consider when selecting a front door for my home?
When you’re replacing a door in Dodge City, KS, you need to take more than the door’s appearance into account. It’s important to choose the right door to stand up to the elements of nature, especially during the wintertime when temperatures get cold. By taking the time to select the right door for your climate, you not only cut down on your heating bills, but you also provide your home with better protection from the elements.
As you’re searching for a door that holds up best in the winter months, consider the following qualities:
- Weather resistant: Your door needs to hold up to all that nature throws at it, including temperature fluctuations, high winds and precipitation.
- Insulation: Choosing a door with adequate insulation helps you maintain a comfortable temperature in your house. In the winter, it keeps the cold air out and the warm air in.
- Durability: If you’re investing in a new entry door, you need it to last. A quality exterior door must withstand decades of harsh weather conditions and plenty of regular use without showing signs of wear and tear. For safety reasons, your new door should be able to hold up to physical force, too.
- Warranty: Quality doors come with quality warranties. You can tell when a door manufacturer stands by their product by examining the strength and duration of their warranty.
What type of door should I choose?
Now that you know what traits to look for in a door, you need to get a feel for the various material options. While different materials obviously have an impact on the overall look of your front entry, they also perform differently. Here’s a quick rundown on a few popular door options:
- Wood: If you’re looking for timeless appeal and durability, a wood entry door is a great choice. They’re durable and typically have an insulation window similar to that of a double-paned glass window. Keep in mind that regular maintenance is required to keep the wood looking nice.
- Fiberglass: This option provides a great return on investment because it stands up to outdoor elements and security threats alike. These doors require very little maintenance and look great for years to come.
- Steel: Among exterior door options, steel is your best bet in terms of strength. It’s able to endure cold climates and heavy use without showing major signs of wear.
Replacing your entry door in Dodge City, KS enhances the look of your entire home. Now that you know about what type of door holds up best in the winter months, you’ll be able to select an option that not only looks great on your house but will also hold up to years of changing weather conditions and regular use. Contact Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors to find the perfect entry door for your needs.
Categorised in: Front Doors