Your front door is one of the exterior focal points of your home, so it’s important to choose wisely. However, in addition to aesthetics, there are plenty of other considerations to factor in. A steel door is a great choice for anyone interested in security, durability and even energy efficiency.
Is a steel entryway door right for your Dodge City, KS home? Read on to learn more about the benefits of a steel front door:
- Security: No matter how safe your neighborhood usually is, you can’t overlook the possibility of break-ins or home invasions. When you have a steel front door, it’s a lot harder to get in through that entry point; steel is much stronger than even heavy wooden doors. You’ll feel better knowing your family and possessions are safe.
- Durability: If you have children, you’re probably familiar with the kinds of dents and scratches that happen when they accidentally throw objects at the door or drop their bikes or backpacks and let them crash against it. Steel doors are much stronger than other materials, however, reducing the need for costly repairs. They also won’t warp and rot due to humidity and temperature like traditional wooden doors, so you won’t need to replace yours as often.
- Energy efficient: Everyone wants to save money on their utility bills, and a steel door can help you accomplish that goal. Because they’re so heavy and thick, they prevent heat transfer—that is, they stop cool air from escaping in the summertime, and hot air in the winter. That means your heater and air conditioner won’t have to work as hard, saving you money overall. Many steel doors come with layers of steel around foam core insulation, which helps keep your home safe and protected.
- Muffles sound: If you live in a noisy neighborhood, your thick steel door’s foam insulation will also help keep the noise outside where it belongs. Enjoy the blissful peace and quiet that comes with an insulating door.
- Low maintenance: Unlike wooden doors, which can warp and rot, steel entry doors are much easier to maintain. In fact, you probably won’t have to do much to maintain them, if anything at all—just check them periodically to make sure the door and frame look like they’re holding up properly.
- Cost effective: Steel doors tend to be far less expensive than heavy wooden doors, making them an attractive, durable and cost-effective choice for your home design.
- Customizable: Love the look of wood grain, but don’t want a wooden door? Want decorative windows or to paint your front door a cheerful yellow shade? Steel entry doors in Dodge City, KS are as customizable as you need them to be.
Overall, steel doors are a great choice for any home. From their lower cost to their security and durability, you’ll love the look and functionality of a steel door.
Ready to replace your front door? Wondering whether steel would be a good choice for your needs? Contact Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors today to get started.
Categorised in: Front Doors