Six Things to Consider When Buying a New Garage Door
Buying a new garage door is more similar to purchasing a car than getting a new pair of shoes. Garage doors in Dodge City, KS are big investments and can significantly change your home’s appearance, so you need to take your time and weigh all of your options. Keep reading to learn the factors that should go into your purchase:
- Security: Obviously, you don’t want a flimsy door that could collapse with a strong gust of wind. But, along with a thick and sturdy door, consider upgrading to one with a rolling door code that changes each time someone presses the remote. A rolling code makes it nearly impossible for someone to steal your code and get into your garage.
- Safety: If you have young kids or pets running in and out of your garage, you’ll need a door with upgraded security features. Ensure your new door has safety sensors that either stop the door from closing or reverse directions if the sensors detect something in the way.
- Material: Garage doors are typically made of wood, steel, aluminum, vinyl or fiberglass. The material you opt for depends on the appearance you’re going for, the maintenance you want to put into it and your budget. Since buying new garage doors in Dodge City, KS is nearly impossible to do just by looking at photos online, you should come to Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors to check out our vast inventory of all different materials.
- Appearance: Along with a wide range of materials, garage doors can come in pretty much any style you can imagine. Do you want a striking and unique door that stands out from the rest of your home, or would you prefer one that blends in? The choice is yours! Just be sure to weigh all of your options, as the new door will be a big part of your home’s look for years to come.
- Motor: Double-check that your garage door motor is right for the door itself. A heavy garage door needs a motor with more horsepower to lift it up. If you’re going with a lightweight fiberglass door, you probably don’t need a big motor, which will be more expensive. Again, our pros can help you figure out the right motor for your door.
- Budget: Of course, you have to consider your budget before making the final purchase. There’s no need to break the bank over your new garage door, but you want to ensure you get the most bang for your buck. Our sales team can work with you to find the perfect door to match your budget!
Buy your new door from Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors
Buying and installing new garage doors in Dodge City, KS from a national retailer can be a bit risky—you never know who’s going to come through the door. That’s why you should call our team at Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors. On top of installing top-of-the-line doors, we only hire trusted and honest employees. Give us a call today to learn more—we’re here to support you!
Categorised in: Garage Doors