How Do I Know if I Should Replace My Siding?
Whether your home has vinyl, wood, stone or metal siding, there’s a good chance that you’ll need to replace it someday. Knowing when it’s time to replace siding in Dodge City, KS isn’t always as easy as it seems. This post will walk you through a few of the most common signs that it’s time to replace and upgrade your siding:
- Interior issues: You might not even have to go outside to know it’s time for new siding. Paint bubbles or water stains on the walls are two signs that your siding is compromised and that it’s time to replace it. Perform regular inspections, especially after storms, to ensure this isn’t an issue.
- Fading or peeling: Wood siding can retain its shape and color for up to 10 years in normal conditions. If you frequently have to repaint the boards, it’s time to replace them. You might also want to consider going with vinyl or steel siding that requires far less maintenance!
- Rotting or warping: Needless to say, rotting or warping siding has got to go. To test for rotting, stick a screwdriver under the boards and joints. If the material is soft and easy to poke, it’s rotten and should be replaced as soon as possible.
- Rising energy bills: Your siding plays a big role in keeping your home both comfortable and energy efficient. If your heating and cooling bills are creeping up each month, you might want to consider getting new siding. Replacing your siding now can save you hundreds of dollars throughout the course of the year.
- Mold growth: Fungus, mold, algae and mildew don’t just look gross on the side of your home—they can be a sign of serious underlying issues. Any growth on your home may indicate that moisture is trapped under the boards. Consult your siding contractor to see if it’s necessary to replace the siding or if power washing the boards will do the trick.
What to look for in a siding replacement company
You can’t turn to just anyone for new siding in Dodge City, KS—you have to find a reputable expert. Here are a few things all good siding companies have in common:
- Local and trustworthy ownership: There are plenty of nationwide siding dealers out there, and our advice is to steer clear of them. You never know if the employees of those companies are honest, and letting a stranger into your home is typically a bad idea. We say you should find a hometown contractor who employs local, honest workers!
- Quality products: Your siding contractor should also have a wide range of high-quality products. The last thing you want is to buy low-end siding that will only last a few years before it needs to be replaced again.
- Fair pricing: Don’t overpay for your siding replacement project! Do your research and find a local contractor who won’t overcharge you for inferior work.
If it’s time to replace siding in Dodge City, KS, look no further than Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors. We check all the boxes mentioned above, and we guarantee you’ll be happy with our services. Better still, we’re open during the pandemic to help with all of your siding needs.
Categorised in: Siding Materials