Five Benefits of Wood Siding in Dodge City, KS
Whether it’s time to upgrade your current home’s siding or you are planning to build a new home, it can be difficult to choose between all the siding options. While other siding materials are easier to maintain, nothing compares to the natural beauty of wood siding. However, using wood siding in Dodge City, KS doesn’t just improve the visual appeal and potential value to buyers. When choosing to install siding on your home, remember these important benefits that wood siding offers over other types of siding materials:
- Easy to paint: Wood siding is easy to paint in any color you wish. If you don’t want to cover up the natural look of the wood, you can instead use a stain or clear coat. The choices are almost limitless to create a unique, custom look for your home. If you decide you’d like a different look, wood siding can be sanded down and repainted to fit your tastes.
- Durability: While wood siding does have more maintenance requirements than other types of siding, it’s also much more durable. Every couple years your wood siding will need to be repainted and resealed. However, by keeping up with proper maintenance, you can enjoy your siding for decades. Some wood panels can last as long as the house itself when taken care of properly. Siding like vinyl, on the other hand, tends to crack and break with time.
- Many different styles available: In addition to the ability to paint or stain wood siding to your color or design preferences, wood siding offers different styles of panels. Wooden siding can come in styles such as clapboard, tongue and groove, shingles or shakes. You can use the different styles of wood siding in Dodge City, KS to create a truly unique look of your home, even if you choose not to paint the wood in a particular color.
- Eco friendly: Wood siding is one of the most environmentally friendly siding options you have for your house. The siding is often made using tree species that are known for their quick growth, such as cedar, making wood siding sustainable to produce. Additionally, wood siding does not produce anything near the amounts of pollutants associated with petroleum-based siding materials and takes fewer energy resources to manufacture. Wood siding is also biodegradable.
- Easy to repair: If you discover damage to your wood siding, you can usually replace or repair the damage. Small holes, for example, can usually be filled with wood putty. If your wood siding has more severe damage, it is easy to take off the damaged panel and replace it with a new panel. You can easily match the new piece by painting or staining it with the same color as the other panels.
Contact your local wood siding experts
Give your home a natural look by investing in wood siding in Dodge City, KS. Reach out to the wood siding experts at Wes-Kan Siding Windows & Doors today to learn more about your options and schedule a consultation!
Categorised in: Siding Materials